Helpful hints for renting
Sometimes, renting a property is much more stressful and difficult than buying one. Prospective tenants need to consider exactly what kind of home they want to live in and for how long.
Here are some handy hints to ensure renting is stress free.
Looking to rent
- Visit www.parkesproperty.com.au regularly. Properties lease quickly and the site is constantly updated. Alternatively you can call or email our office to view our rental list.
- All inspections on rental properties are handled by private appointment or open for inspection. In the event that you are unable to make the open house you will need to call our office to arrange a mutually convenient time to view the desired property.
- Fill out all the details in the application form provided by us. The more information we have to work with, the better chance you have of being selected.
- Make sure your references are reliable and relevant. Friends and family are not professional references.
- Always keep points of ID on you so that we can process your application faster.
When you move in
- If there is anything you find unsuitable at the inspection which can be easily rectified make sure you inform the agent.
- The bond and first month’s rent is required before you move in. Speak to your agent to finalise these matters.
- Remember to organize electricity, gas and water connection, either privately or through the agent. You don’t want to be sitting in the dark on the first night in your new place!
- Try and keep your rental home neat and tidy to ensure a full bond refund. Remember, when you vacate the agent will inspect the premises.
- And lastly, get into the habit of paying rent on time. A good tenant means a great reference next time you move!